Laser dental procedures involve the use of lasers in the treatment of various dental conditions. Laser dentistry is advisable for children who get afraid or anxious during dental procedures.
LASER is an acronym standing for “light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation”. The equipment forms light energy in a focused and narrow beam. The laser light releases a reaction once it hits tissue. This allows it to shape or remove the tissue.
Dentists either use soft or hard tissue lasers. This depends on the kind of treatment applied. In some instances, dental professionals may use both soft and hard tissue lasers. Laser dentistry at Columbia Smiles makes dental treatment more cost-effective and efficient.
Benefits of Laser Dental Procedures
Hard tissue lasers help to cut through the tooth structure. The combination of a certain mineral in the teeth and water helps to absorb the wavelengths of hard tissue lasers. These lasers are useful in shaping or prepping teeth for composite bonding. Hard tissue lasers also help to remove certain tooth structure or repair worn out dental fillings.
There are various benefits of laser dentistry, most of which are evident while treatment is ongoing. Some of the benefits of laser dental procedure include:
- Increased accuracy and precision: Lasers are more precise compared to traditional tools. This helps the dentist to conduct some procedures in a more thorough manner. For instance, a dental professional can use a laser to extract a large decayed enamel, thus maintaining more of the natural tooth.
- Less pain: Laser procedures do not include the use of heat, pressure, or vibration on your teeth. This means there is less swelling and no need for anesthetics and medication after the procedure.
- Fewer risks of infection: Unlike metal dentistry tools, lasers produce beams that sterilize any object they come in contact with. This means that there is a reduced risk of bacteria entering the mouth of the patient. With laser dentistry, one does not have to worry about sterilizing and storing them to prevent contamination.
- Less blood loss: It is not unusual for some sections of your mouth to bleed when a dental professional is working on your teeth. With laser dentistry, there is less risk of blood loss. Lasers emit high-energy beams that help with blood clotting.
- Highly versatile: Laser dental procedures treat a variety of dental conditions. Thus, for any dental problem, you may experience, laser procedures might be the best option.
Quality Dental Procedures at Columbia Smiles
Aside from habits such as brushing your teeth regularly, it is important to find a qualified dental professional to help you take proper care of your teeth. Columbia Smiles has skilled professionals in the dental field who dedicate themselves to providing quality care and efficient results to their patients. In our practice, we use advanced dental technology to ensure patients achieve the smile they deserve. Among the advanced technology used at Columbia Smiles is laser dentistry.
Our dental facility provides teeth whitening services to those who want a more natural white look for their teeth. The treatment is relatively quick and pain-free.
Columbia Smiles also offers natural-looking porcelain veneers. This procedure is essential for patients with cosmetically flawed teeth. Porcelain veneers help to cut the need for more complicated orthodontic treatments and cover minor gaps between the teeth.
Some other services available at Columbia Smiles include:
- Natural dental bonding
- Dental implants
- Soft tissue management
- Metal-free composite fillings
- Dental bridges for patients with tooth loss
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Get the Best Laser Dental Procedures at Columbia Smiles
You no longer have to worry about costly and painful dental procedures. At Columbia Smiles, we have qualified dental professionals who carry out effective laser dental procedures for our patients. Reach out to Columbia Smiles today at 410.690.4855 for quality care and remarkable results.