Benefits of Dental Veneers For You
If you have ever felt self-conscious about your smile, dental veneers might be the right procedure to help you regain your confidence. For some people, dental veneers are an excellent choice to fix a variety of oral health issues. Veneers can cover and strengthen cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. If you’re ready to change your smile, learn more about the benefits of dental veneers.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are designed to cover the front of your teeth. They are thin, customized shells made out of either porcelain or composite resin. There are many benefits to dental veneers. Many dentists will use them to correct stained, chipped, decayed, or crooked teeth. Dentists might place one or two veneers to correct small gaps between your teeth, or a whole row to create a new, straight, and bright smile. Typically, dental technicians make porcelain veneers in a dental lab from a mold of your teeth. However, your dentist can often make composite resin veneers in-practice.
The process for placing veneers involves removing a small amount of the tooth’s enamel. While that might sound concerning, your dentist only has to remove a very thin layer of enamel, and once they place the veneer, the tooth will be well-protected. For lab-made porcelain veneers, there might be a short wait time while the mold is sent off and the veneers are created. However, your dentist might be able to provide temporary veneers for this time.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
While dental veneers make your smile brighter, they provide other benefits as well. They can provide strength for cracked or weakened teeth. People choose dental veneers because they are a minimally invasive, non-surgical way to change your smile. Several other benefits of dental veneers include:
- Quick, painless process – Little to no anesthesia required
- Whiter smile – No bleaching needed to fix the look of discolored teeth
- Preventative care – Veneers can replace damaged enamel, creating a shield against plaque and other bacteria that decay teeth
- Natural-looking finish – Both porcelain and composite resin veneers look natural and bright
- Easily tolerated – Veneers rarely cause gum irritation
- Stain-resistant – The non-porous surface of veneers resists stains to help keep teeth whiter for longer
- Color selection – People can choose the color of the veneer to match their regular teeth, or choose a brighter shade
- Increased confidence – By fixing minor cosmetic issues, veneers can give you the straighter, whiter smile you’ve always wanted
- Long-lasting – With proper care, dental veneers will typically last for 10-15 years
Finally, veneers are low maintenance. Good oral hygiene habits like regular brushing and flossing help reduce plaque buildup. Cleanings and checkups with your dentist will also help your veneers last for years to come.
Discover the Benefits of Dental Veneers at Columbia Smiles
If you want to experience the benefits of dental veneers, Columbia Smiles can help. Our practice has been serving Howard County for many years, and our experienced staff can fit you with dental veneers to make your smile brighter, straighter, and stronger. Reach out to our practice in Columbia, MD, today at 410.690.4855.