Laser dentistry offers a comfortable, efficient, and safe alternative to traditional dental procedures. For patients who experience anxiety in relation to dental procedures, laser dentistry may be an effective option. Whether lasers are used to treat gum disease, tooth decay, or other oral health issues, lasers have shown to offer improved healing and better results. For laser dentistry in Columbia, MD, reach out to Columbia Smiles today. In our dental practice, Dr. Parisa Parizadeh and Dr. Michael Hsu use cutting-edge technology to make every patient’s experience as comfortable as possible. Connect with our team today by calling us at 410.690.4855 or contact us online.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry may bring to mind an image of a futuristic dentist’s office. But in fact, laser dentistry is very common and is simply a term referring to the use of lasers in assisting with dental procedures like gum treatment, root canal therapy or preparing for cavity fillings. There are several lasers that can be used in dental procedures. These include:
- Diode and Co2 lasers – These are used to treat soft tissues.
- YAG lasers – Commonly used in root canal therapy.
- YSGG lasers – Utilized in cavity treatment and other procedures related to hard tissues.
Laser dentistry has been approved by the FDA to treat many oral health conditions. Lasers can reshape the gums, which can be necessary for ill-fitting dentures or for cosmetic reasons. They can also kill bacteria, treat tooth sensitivity, and even speed up teeth whitening procedures.
If you’re looking for a dentist who offers laser dentistry in Columbia, MD, consider Columbia Smiles. We offer laser-assisted procedures to make your experience as comfortable as possible. Schedule an appointment today to learn more.
Five Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry offers several benefits over traditional dental procedures. While these lasers are safe and do not pose a risk to patients, it’s important to find a dentist who is experienced in the use of these tools in dentistry.
Several benefits of laser dentistry include:
- Minimal bleeding – When lasers are used to treat soft tissues, the blood clots more quickly, leading to less bleeding and discomfort.
- Faster wound healing – Lasers can encourage tissue to regenerate.
- Disinfection and sterilization – Lasers destroy bacteria and can reduce the risk of infections.
- Assistance with gum contouring and orthodontic care – The gums can be shaped and even removed as needed, which can be helpful in treating unhealthy gum tissue.
- Reduced need for anesthesia – Local anesthetics might not be necessary for some procedures when lasers are used.
While not every dental procedure can be completed with the help of lasers, they’re an incredibly beneficial tool for the treatment of many oral health issues.
Reach Out to Columbia Smiles for Laser Dentistry in Columbia, MD
Looking for laser dentistry near you? Columbia Smiles offers laser dentistry as part of our comprehensive dental services in Columbia, MD. Our patients’ comfort is one of our highest priorities, and laser dentistry allows us to efficiently treat a number of oral health issues with quick recovery times.
In addition to laser dentistry, Columbia Smiles offers a variety of other services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and looking their best. Regular cleanings and exams can catch potential issues, like gum disease or tooth decay, before you need more extensive procedures. In addition, cosmetic dentistry services like teeth whitening and dental veneers can give you the smile of your dreams.
Discover the many benefits of laser dentistry by reaching out to Columbia Smiles today. Schedule an appointment or consultation by connecting with our team at 410.690.4855 or contact us online.