Up to 90% of all communication is nonverbal. Of which, much is created by the expressions of the mouth and jawbone. What if you can’t enjoy the full use of these muscles? At times, even a missing tooth can negatively impact daily life. Columbia Smiles can alter this impact to your life, in the form of dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace missing teeth with sturdy, realistic replications that are attached to the jawbone. This is done by implanting an anchor that connects the new replacement tooth to the jawbone, creating a sturdy, long-lasting bond that blends in with the rest of the patients’ teeth. This treatment provides a much more comfortable and long-lasting fix when compared to other treatments. Dental bridges will eventually require replacement, and dentures must be reapplied with each use. Patients find that dental implants are a much more permanent solution.
Finding the Best Dental Implant for You
At Columbia Smiles, our team, led by Dr. Parisa Parizadeh and Dr. Michael Hsu, are dedicated to making the journey of obtaining the best dental implants as easy as possible. The procedure for dental implants takes place over several months to ensure that your implant is the best fit for you. There are three common types of dental implants:
- Endosteal Implants – An endosteal implant is the most common form of implant and is best suited for those who only need to replace one tooth.
- Subperiosteal Implants – These implants are best suited for those needing to replace multiple teeth when dentures cannot be used to fix the problem.
- Mini dental implants – Mini dental implants offer the widest range of options for those looking for an alternative restorative oral procedure. The main difference between this form of implant and the ones listed above is size and a shorter recovery period for patients.
Dental implants provide a variety of options for anyone looking to fix damaged or missing teeth. Our team will help you explore these options and find the best implant for you. If you suffer from broken or missing teeth and are trying to determine the best dental implant, or whether or not implants are the right option, we are here to help. One of the common questions we are frequently asked is, how long do dental implants last?
Are Dental Implants Permanent?
Dental Implants are a permanent fix to missing or damaged teeth. Once the procedure is complete, the tissues surrounding the implant fuse together, creating a strong foundation for the replacement tooth. The implant itself is permanent. However, normal wear and tear of the new tooth may require a replacement within 15 to 20 years of the original procedure.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to choosing dental implants, such as:
- Improved oral health – Missing and damaged teeth are at higher risk of causing deterioration to the affected area, which can cause other oral issues to arise. Implants are safe and function just the same as regular teeth.
- Improved appearance – Implants look natural and realistic. They are designed to fit perfectly alongside the rest of the patient’s teeth. In addition to perfecting the implant’s physical structure, the tooth is designed to look identical to all others in the mouth.
- Improved speech – Dentures can become dislodged and interrupt one’s normal speech patterns. The teeth play a critical function in the sounds we make, and similar to missing keys on a piano, missing teeth can provide obstacles that are difficult to overcome.
- Versatility – You can eat your favorite foods. Tooth discomfort can turn any meal into a battle, but with implants, patients are free to enjoy all the crispy, chewy, crunchy foods they loved before the onset of their oral issues.
- Improved confidence – Experiencing issues in the areas listed above can do a great deal to wear away self-confidence. From anxiety over personal health, fear of physical appearance, to frustration over not being able to eat favorite foods, oral discomfort can prevent you from enjoying life to its fullest potential.
Find the Best Dental Implant for You at Columbia Smiles
If you or anyone you know is suffering from damaged or missing teeth, reach out to Dr. Parisa Parizadeh and Dr. Michael Hsu. Our team at Columbia Smiles is committed to making the process of finding your perfect smile as painless as possible. Contact us today at 410.690.4855 to schedule your appointment.